Redesigned live tiles let Fitbit users access data faster to help them reach their health and fitness goals; enhanced universal design provides intuitive, engaging experience across all Windows platforms
SINGAPORE – August 17, 2015 – Fitbit, Inc., the leader in the connected health and fitness market, today announced the Fitbit for Windows 10 app, delivering a more engaging and fluid app design that lets users personalize the way they interact with key pieces of their health and fitness journey across all their Windows devices. Through new Windows 10 app features, people at all fitness levels can now more easily access and log their most important personalized data in real-time. Fitbit helps users track their steps, activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep, providing the information they need to more successfully reach their goals. Fitbit users can download the Windows 10 app from the Windows Store to their desktop and tablet. Fitbit for Windows 10 will be able for Windows 10 mobile and Xbox One later this year.
“For a Fitbit user, health and fitness progress helps them make timely decisions throughout the day – from what to order for lunch, to take the stairs instead of the elevator, or what time to go to bed,” said James Park, CEO and Chairman, Fitbit. “As we do across all platforms, we continue to design features that empower people with information and motivation to set and reach goals with engaging experiences through our mobile apps. With the new Windows 10 app, we worked closely with Microsoft to give Windows users an even easier way to access, utilize and interact with the information that matters most
to them, across all their Windows devices, to further support them in their fitness journey.”
Key features of the new Fitbit for Windows 10 app:
- Updated live tiles that have been redesigned with more information and new notification types to let users quickly access their most critical data to better enable them to reach their personalized health and fitness goals.
- Quick actions to help users log and track their health and fitness activities, such as food, water intake and exercise, as well as set alarms more efficiently with the simple click of a button, encouraging more frequent logging
- Cortana® phones – such as “Fitbit, I ate chicken for dinner” or “Fitbit, I went for a three-mile run” – for automatic and easier food and activity logging.
- Notification center now consolidates all users’ important notifications and messages in a dedicated tab making it effortless to review progress, or stay motivated with cheers, taunts and encouragements from friends and family.
- Enhanced syncing with Bluetooth on all Windows 10 devices with supported hardware provides users with quicker access to their health and fitness stats, so they can make timely decisions to reach their objectives.
- Universal design and continuum support allows users to customize and effortlessly view their most important personalized data in real-time with an enhanced visual experience adjusted for whatever Windows 10 device they are using.
These key features illustrate the continued innovation of the Fitbit platform, which combines connected health and fitness devices with software and services, including an online dashboard and mobile apps, data analytics, motivational and social tools, personalized insights and virtual coaching through support allows users to speak commands on Windows 10 tablets, PCs and mobile customized fitness plans and interactive workouts. As a pioneer in the category and the first in the industry to bring direct mobile syncing to the Windows Phone platform, Fitbit products have broad mobile compatibility with computers and more than 200 Windows Phone, iOS and Android devices, plus integration with third‐party apps further extending its reach.
The new Fitbit for Windows 10 app is available for free and is compatible with Fitbit’s family of products, including the Fitbit SurgeTM, Fitbit Charge HRTM, Fitbit ChargeTM, Fitbit Flex®, Fitbit One® and Fitbit Zip® activity trackers, as well as the Aria® Wi-Fi Smart Scale. To download the free Fitbit for Windows 10 app, please visit the Windows Store.
For more information on Fitbit products and services, please visit www.fitbit.com/sg/home.