As Mizuno’s most iconic running shoe to date, the Wave Rider returns lighter, faster and smoother than ever before. This is a shoe that has always been engineered for high mileage runners who like a cushioned ride and the Wave Rider 16 is no different.
As part of Mizuno’s ‘Moments’ campaign, the technical advances of the Wave Rider 16 work in harmony to accelerate the running experience of the wearer into a truly memorable one. Such technical advances include the exciting evolution of Mizuno’s unique Dynamotion Fit technology.
Dynamotion Fit is effectively a series of strategically placed panels throughout the shoe that are positioned to enhance a snug-fit feel. Mizuno’s design engineers challenged the thought to improve the transitional ride without compromising on fit and weight. The result is an anatomically positioned soft suede construction of support straps bonded to the internal structure of the forefoot and lateral side of the shoe helping the acceleration at toe off. Providing a silky smooth, transitional ride from the heel impact to the toe off, the Wave Rider 16 also features new innovations in the SmoothRide concept, through technological advancements in the SR Touch technology. As a shock-absorbing cushioning compound found in the midsole’s rearfoot, the new SmoothRide Foam is even lighter and more responsive than the VS-1 used in its predecessor.
Whilst providing ample cushioning and stability, the Wave Rider 16 weighs in at just 280g as compared to the Wave Rider 15’s 310g. New advancements in upper construction with bonded and lighter material selections to support straps and mesh constructions help improve this overall lightweight feel. A perfect neutral running shoe for high-mileage runners who like a cushioned ride.
- Mizuno Wave™ : SmoothRide for shock absorption and dispersion with a great transition to boot.
- SmoothRide™ : Minimizes rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot during transition, creating the smoothest ride possible.
- AP Mid Sole : Lightweight and responsive
- VS-1 : Shock-absorbing cushioning compound at the heel.
- Mizuno Intercool Full-length midsole : Ventilate and reduces heat and humidity build-up inside the shoe.
- AIRMesh : Provides the utmost in breathability and comfort of the upper.
- X-10™ Durable carbon rubber : Allows for longer wear in high impact areas and supplements traction at heel strike.
- Outsole SmoothRide : Solid rubber forefoot outsole design for durability and flexibility.
- Dynamotion Fit : Design technology that relieves the stress the foot naturally places on footwear – eliminating distortion for the perfect fit.
- OrthoLite New sockliner : For a responsive first feel!
- Gender Engineering : Mizuno recognizes the fundamental differences between running styles of men and women, engineering shoes to more closely fit these differences, maximizing performance.
The Wave Rider 16 is schedule to launch in Singapore in the first quater of 2013