A couple of months ago, we were able to review the XR Crossmax Neutral since then Salomon had release a followed up version of their XR Door to Trail Crossmax Series – XR Crossmax Guidance CS (climashield™).
Similar to the Neutral the guidance version gives runners an extra stability support for runners whether on the road or on trail. This “hybrid” running shoe weight a mere 340g which is slightly heavier (20g more) as compared to the Neutral version.
The XR Crossmax Guidance is essentially the same shoe as the Neutral version with the addition of five support or guidance features.
1) Medial posting to offer a bit of support.
2) More medial material to continue the support at the inside of each stride.
3) Uses OS Tendon in the midsole and outsole, which helps provides stability, pronation control and rebound, is straighter than the curved design found in the Neutral version.
4) the upper is replaces is much welded seems found in the Neutral with stitched seams which gives the shoe a different fit.
5) The Guidance upper has more Sensifit, a thin-welded overlay that helps provide structure to mesh in the forefoot.
SensiFit system creates a secure lateral hold on your foot providing a precise and secure fit inside the shoe while SensiFlex system in the forefoot stretched to adapt to the width of your forefoot for great foothold and added comfort.
It’s highly breathable upper materials keep air circulating, so even on scorching hot days, your feet stay cool inside this versatile trail shoe. Added to it is a Unique climashield™ construction that makes the entire shoe water resistance.
The Salomon XR Crossmax Guidance is training shoe for high mileage runners who need pronation control, stable cushioning, and lightweight in both road and trail running condition. Give it a go, let it guide you towards reaching your running goals.