An Estimated of about 12,000 runners assemble near the Old Kallang Airport on Sunday morning of 09.10.11 for the Nike We Run SG 10K run.
Sticking to their tradition of doing things differently every year this was Nike’s fourth 10km race in Singapore since the first Human Race in 2008. This is one of the most anticipated race of the year, with all 12,000 slots being fill up within 48hours of it’s launch.
This year the route led Runners around a route that passed heritage icons like Kampong Glam and the Sri Manmatha Karunesvarar Temple before returning to the old airport base.
Jason Lawrence, 30 clinch the top spot after coming in first in the men’s category with a time of with a time of 34 minutes 4 seconds.
While South-east Asia Games-bound runner Anne Date clocked 37 minutes 4 seconds to take the women’s title.
Anne Date commented that ‘The route was well-designed, allowing me to experience the race atmosphere and connect with other runners at the same time.
The bulk of the runner came after the 1 hour mark. Every finisher were given a limited edition Nike Lunarglide +3 replica USB keychain which is stylish and useable.
Speaking to some runners after the race this are some of their views regarding the Race.
– Organization & water station was sufficient
– Marshals was responsive In guiding runners & ensuring safety
– Route was scenic
– After race activities & entertainment were interesting. The massage, photobooth & Ice cream was good
Some Area of improvement
– Starting point was difficult to get to.
– Precise start. There was a Delay in the start of the race, race officially flag off at 0728
– More street performance to cheer the runners along the route like previous years
– Runners would prefer to receive medals or finisher bracelet for finisher momento.
– Provide more slots next year so more people could experience the running
Overall, this event has been one of the most well organize event of the year & has it provide runners and their families participating in the race regardless if they are a new or seasonal runner, a fun & rewarding experience running new route along Singapore.
To all finisher, Well done & keep running!