“The Salomon Speedcross 2 GTX trail-running shoes offer race-ready performance, aggressive traction and waterproof protection no matter whatever the conditions or weather”
A couple of months ago, I wrote a reviewed on my experience in running with the Salomon Speedcross 2. Since then, I have been getting a lot of positive feedback from other user about this Awesome trail running shoe that fits snugly like a climbing shoes but yet still giving the comfortable support and cushioning while running no matter what the terrain might be.
Salomon release a new “modified” version of this Awesome Shoe, The Salomon Speedcross 2 GTX. The design of the shoe are kept the same, it still have among other the Winter Contagrip® outsole and Quicklace™ lacing system except that they have added in GORE-TEX® waterproof and breathable membrane technology that help keep your foot dry in all types of weather conditions.
I personally feel that this is a great improvement added onto the SpeedCross 2 as this will help runners continue running with the shoe no matter whatever the condition or weather. Running across puddle of water, mud or running in the rain will not be an issue as the GORE-TEX technology will not only help repelled the water away from the shoe and keeping the runner’s feet dry but it will also help keep the runners foot cool as it help disperse sweat vapor out of the shoe. With the new design also comes new striking colors such as lime green and fiery red; you will definitely turn heads when putting them on.
- Weight: 286g (Size UK 5.5)/313g (Size UK 8.5)
- Upper: Sensifit™/Protective synthetic toe cap/Mud guard/Quicklace™/Feather construction/Anti-debris mesh
- Lining Membrane: GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort Footwear
- Lining Material: Textile
- Sole Construction Midsole: Dual Density EVA/Pronation Control
- Outsole: Mud & Snow non-marking Contagrip®
- Sockliner: EVA shaped footbed/Molded EVA/Ortholite®
- Chasis: Salomon Cushioning System
Salomon SpeedCross 2 GTX is available in Singapore at your nearest World of Sport concept Store
Read more on Goretex Technology : http://www.gore-tex.com/remote/Satellite/content/what-is-gore-tex-membrane
Looking to Register for the Salomon X-trail Run this year?
- The Run had been moved to a new location, Mac Ritchie Reservoir and will be held on the 14/11/2010. More information will be release at a later date.
- To register for Salomon X-trail: http://salomonx-trailrun.com/
Happy Trail Running!