“The Salomon Speedcross 2 GTX trail-running shoes offer race-ready performance, aggressive traction and waterproof protection no matter whatever the conditions or weather”
A couple of months ago, I wrote a reviewed on my experience in running with the Salomon Speedcross 2. Since then, I have been getting a lot of positive feedback from other user about this Awesome trail running shoe that fits snugly like a climbing shoes but yet still giving the comfortable support and cushioning while running no matter what the terrain might be.
Salomon release a new “modified” version of this Awesome Shoe, The Salomon Speedcross 2 GTX. The design of the shoe are kept the same, it still have among other the Winter Contagrip® outsole and Quicklace™ lacing system except that they have added in GORE-TEX® waterproof and breathable membrane technology that help keep your foot dry in all types of weather conditions.
I personally feel that this is a great improvement added onto the SpeedCross 2 as this will help runners continue running with the shoe no matter whatever the condition or weather. Running across puddle of water, mud or running in the rain will not be an issue as the GORE-TEX technology will not only help repelled the water away from the shoe and keeping the runner’s feet dry but it will also help keep the runners foot cool as it help disperse sweat vapor out of the shoe. With the new design also comes new striking colors such as lime green and fiery red; you will definitely turn heads when putting them on.
- Weight: 286g (Size UK 5.5)/313g (Size UK 8.5)
- Upper: Sensifit™/Protective synthetic toe cap/Mud guard/Quicklace™/Feather construction/Anti-debris mesh
- Lining Membrane: GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort Footwear
- Lining Material: Textile
- Sole Construction Midsole: Dual Density EVA/Pronation Control
- Outsole: Mud & Snow non-marking Contagrip®
- Sockliner: EVA shaped footbed/Molded EVA/Ortholite®
- Chasis: Salomon Cushioning System
Salomon SpeedCross 2 GTX is available in Singapore at your nearest World of Sport concept Store
Read more on Goretex Technology : http://www.gore-tex.com/remote/Satellite/content/what-is-gore-tex-membrane
Looking to Register for the Salomon X-trail Run this year?
- The Run had been moved to a new location, Mac Ritchie Reservoir and will be held on the 14/11/2010. More information will be release at a later date.
- To register for Salomon X-trail: http://salomonx-trailrun.com/
Happy Trail Running!
i would like to know the weight of that shoe and if it is the same increadible feeling when running as the speed cross 2 previous model.
The SpeedCross II is 290g the SpeedCross II GTX is about 286g. They only change the fabric use for the lining membrane. SpeedCross II is still the best and lightest Trail Running shoe in the market. Cheers! (:
DO you know where I can find these shoes, SpeedCross II GTX in Green?
You can find them in Singapore at selected World Of Sports Sport store or Outdoor Concept store.
How do they compare to the XT wings2 gtx?? I want one or the either but can’t really find any deciding factors.