As an avid runner, I am constantly searching for the right pair of running shoes that can offer me the perfect blend of stability, support and cushioning to help me run the distance. Whether for a training run or a marathon, having a good pair of running shoes is essential to a healthy and injury-free fitness lifestyle.
Mizuno has recently released its new addition to its ever popular Wave Rider series, Mizuno® Wave Rider® 13.
Just like its predecessor, the Mizuno Wave Rider 13 provides the runner with the perfect combination of soft cushioning and responsive flexibility. It is equipped with new collar liners that lock the heels in place, reducing strain on your instep for better comfort plus providing a snug fit for the runner.
Weighing only a mere 310g, Wave Rider 13 is by far one of the lightest pair of running shoes I have ever tried. It uses Composite Parallel Wave technology which is a parallel wave plate that uniformly disperses shock throughout the sole, providing superior shock absorption and enhanced runner’s stability.
Some features of the Wave Rider 13 include:
- SmoothRide: This technology minimize the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot during transition, creating the smoothest ride possible
- Mizuno X10™ in heel and forefoot: Shock-absorbing cushioning found at the heel and forefoot allows for durability in those high impact areas. It also helps to supplement traction on a variety of surfaces.
- Dynamotion Fit: Reduces the effects of lateral stress on the shoe, hence eliminating discomfort and providing an optimal fit while in motion.
- Gender Engineering: Research has found that the transition of the foot strike is slower in men than in women. Furthermore, the angle of the foot strike tends to be more severe in women than in men. The Mizuno Wave Rider 13 is created to closely accommodate the different biomechanics of men’s and women’s running gaits.
- InterCool: Full-length ventilation in the sole helps to reduce heat and moisture build-up inside the shoe by getting rid of humid air thus, allowing for the foot to stay cool.
After running with the Wave Rider 13 the past week and accumulating a total distance of 25km, I am very impressed with the comfort, stability and support it provides. It has a smooth heel to toe transition which I find useful during fast high tempo runs. It also allows for the foot to stay cool during long hot runs.
I personally like the Independent lacing on the shoe as it allows me to customize the way I lace the shoe. The new soft and comfortable tongue helps the shoe wrap the foot securely without feeling any lace pressure over the top of the foot.
However, if you have a Flat foot type, this is not the shoe for you as it is designed specifically for runners with normal to high arch foot type.
To conclude, if you are looking for a running shoe that delivers the perfect combination of stable neutral cushioning and durability for that long distance run or interval training then look no further, the Mizuno Wave Rider 13 is the shoe for you. As for me, I’m definitely going to be wearing the Wave Rider 13 for the upcoming North East Run on 14 March 2010.
Go ahead give it a ride.
Mizuno® Wave® Rider 13 comes in male and female version to meet the needs of the gender specific running gait and will be available at selected World of Sports retail outlets and authorised dealers come April 2010