Date: Jan 31, 2010 (Sun)
Route: Marina Promenade
Distance: 12.5km, with 8 obstacles
Fee: $128 per participant
The first event of its kind in Singapore, the Men’s Health Urbanathlon takes endurance racing to a new level of fun, sending you off on a 12.5km run with challenging urban obstacles. Leap over road barricades, scale a wall, jump into a river, conquer flights of steps and fight your way through mud pits to glory!
First launched in 2006 in the US and then UK, the Men’s Health Urbanathlon has now made its way to the shores of Singapore. Take on the challenge and put your strength, stamina and agility to the test. All participants will receive a runner’s tee, race pack, complimentary six-month subscription to Men’s Health and, most importantly, the experience of a lifetime. The top three runners from both the Individual & Team categories will receive attractive prizes. Open to men aged 18 years and above.
All participants will receive a race pack worth over $250!
- An Adidas CLIMACOOL® tee worth $39
- A finisher’s medal
- A 6-month Men’s Health subscription worth $36
- Berocca towel worth $7
- Berocca trial pack worth $7
- Redken for Men Go Clean shampoo worth $33
- Get Your Sexy Back shoe bag worth $15
- Polar water bottle worth $9.90
- L’Oreal Men Expert Pure & Matte Anti-Sebum Foam (50ml) and Hydra Energetic Turbo Booster (5ml) worth $8.90
- NikonClub 3-in-1 lanyard worth $7.50
- Durex Play 2-in-1 Massage Melts 2’s & Performa sachet 1’s worth $5.80
- True Fitness 7-Day Pass worth $98
Marina Square: outdoor area (above wide staircase) opposite the Esplanade.
The Race Start Site Map will be made available on this page closer to the event date, complete with details on getting to the race start location and information with baggage check-in.
Reporting Time: 7.00am
Flag off Time: 7.30am
Cut-off Time: 10.00am
AFTER THE RACE
The excitement continues after the race at the Start/Finish Point, where you can cool down and chill out, and there’s samplings and demos by our sports, health and wellness partners for you to try out and take home.
- Start at Marina Square
- Run towards Esplanade Theatre along the waterfront
- Pass Esplanade Park towards The Asian Civilisation Museum
- Arrive at Obstacle 1: Jumping Start located beside the Parliament House
- Continue running along the river past Clarke Quay towards Fort Canning Park
- Arrive at Obstacle 2: Corporate Ladder
- Run further down along Clarke Quay towards Jiak Kim Street and cross a bridge over the Singapore River
- Arrive at Obstacle 3: Wall Street located at Zouk Car Park
- Run along the river back towards Clarke Quay
- Arrive at the open field beside Riverside Point for Obstacle 4: Monkey Business and Obstacle 5: Tunnel Vision
- Continue to the area near the Singapore Flyer for Obstacle 6: Tyred Out
- Run along the scenic waterfront towards Kallang Basin
- Complete Obstacle 7: Leap of Faith and continue to Obstacle 8: Down & Dirty located 2km before the finish line
- Finish at Marina Square